This post is also available in: Spanish
The EcoLodge is
perfectly harmonized with its surrounding environment
Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge, is located on the left bank of the Maranon River, 120 kilometers (74.5 miles) southwest of the city of Iquitos in the buffer zone of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge is the only ecolodge with a Private Reserve of 130 hectares that significantly enriches the experience of all its guests.
The characteristics of the Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge Private Reserve are the following
- 96% (125 hectares) of Primary Forest (unaltered) which conservation has been in charge of Pacaya Samira Amazon Lodge since 2005.
- Great biodiversity: +200 species of fauna (major and minor mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians) and +300 species of flora (timber trees and medicinal plants, etc.).
- Very representative of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve biodiversity and in particular of the Peruvian Amazon as a whole.
- The Private Reserve is becoming a “biological corridor” increasing the number of sheltered species with those fleeing from the disturbance of the surroundings.
- The Private Reserve is constantly being explored by the Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge organization and expert scientists in Amazon flora and fauna.
Pacaya Samira Amazon Lodge has developed a set of themed activities within the Private Reserve that are part of all its programs:
– Route of Primates
– Route of the reptiles
– Route of the Shiringa (rubber)
– Birdwatching of 140 species
– Night excursions
– Vivencial gastronomy
Pacaya Samiria Lodge has nine “cabañas” designed to perfectly match the surrounding environment.
Two one-level “cabañas” for single or double occupancy and six two-level “cabañas” for shared accommodation for up to six pax all with private bathrooms and terraces and privileged views of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
The “cabañas” are named after the cardinal numbers in the Kukama Kukamiria language, “Wepe”, “Mukuika”, “Mutsapirika”, “Iruaka”, “Pichka”, “Soakta”, “Katnsi”, “Putsa”.
Wepe y Mukuika – The double and Twin cabañas
Built in one-level for single or double occupancy in 45 square meters, with rustic decor, palm tree and bio onduline roof, mosquito nets, beds of one and a half size with tulle net, private bathroom and a cozy private terrace equipped with hammocks to allow our guests behold the magnificent views of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
Mutsapirika, Iruaka, Pichka, Soakta, Katnsi y Putsa– The cabañas for shared accomodation
Built in two levels (with mezzanine) prepared to accommodate up to six pax in 65 square meters, with rustic decor, palm tree and bio onduline roof, mosquito nets, beds of one and a half size with tulle net, private bathroom and a cozy private terrace equipped with hammocks to allow our guests behold the magnificent views of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.