Birdwatching for experts
PACAYA SAMIRIA NATIONAL RESERVE & ALLPAHUAYO MIHANA
7 DAYS & 6 NIGHTS
This program has been designed for birdwatching professionals. It focuses on the expert search for endemic and rare bird species such as the Bluish-fronted Jacamar (Galbula Cyanescens); Lemon-throated Barbet (Eubucco Richardsoni), Elegant Woodcreeper (Xiphorhynchus Elegans), and Black-tailed antbird (Myrmoburus melanurus), among others. Our day and night tours (camping included) and all the activities are adjusted to follow the behavioral patterns of these and other species present in our Private Reserve as well as in other important protected areas, such as the Pacaya Samiria and the Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserves.
IQUITOS / BIRTH AMAZONAS RIVER / ECOLODGELunch | Dinner
- Reception and welcome at the airport or hotel in the city of Iquitos
- Transfer to Nauta and boarding on our private boats on the Marañon River
- Visit the confluence of the Ucayali and Marañon rivers, this is the Amazon River main stem. During the journey we will be able to observe coastal birds such as the herons, birds of prey and right on the river banks (and according to the season)
- Welcome to the ecolodge and accommodation
- Walk around the surrounding jungle, ending up at a lookout point, enabling us to readily observe birds in the canopy of trees. We should be able to see the Paradise Tanager, the Hooded Tanager, the Masked Tanager, the purple throated Cotinga, as well as a variety parrots, including the yellow-winged Parakeet, the Short-Tailed Parrot, and if we are lucky, macaws
DAY 2, 3 & 4
PACAYA SAMIRIA NR / YARINA COMMUNITYBreakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Explore the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve for a couple of days
- We will enter through the Yanayacu River basin, an area recently opened to tourists, abundant in birds (around 400 different species have been documented) and rich in flora and fauna. We will also be able to observe pink and grey dolphins, turtles, different primate species, sloths, etc
- Among the birds we will have the opportunity to see are several types of kingfishers, like the Amazon Green-ringed Rufous Kingfisher, and the spectacular American pygmy kingfisher, wattled jacanas and anhingas. We will see tanagers, chestnut-eared aracari,crimson-crested woodpeckers, spangled cotinga, lemon-throated barbet, white-eared jacamar, and black-capped donacobius
- We will boat through lagoons and river shidden by vegetation, walk along open paths in the middle of the jungle, looking for the shouting unicorn, marshhawks, storks, pink spoon bills, the black-tailed anteater, black-necked cotinga, gray-cheeked nunlet, bar-breasted piculet, tropical gnatcatcher and the yellowbilled Jacamar, among many others
- During our trek, we will visit the native Yarina Community, where we can observe the lifestyle and daily activities of the people; we can also support the community development by purchasing typical souvenirs hand
- At night, guest shave the option of walking with a guide in search of owls, night birds and black caimans
- On the fourth day, after breakfast, we will head back to the Lodge
DAY 5 & 6
ALLPAHUAYO MISHANA NATIONAL RESERVEBreakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Return to Nauta. There a vehicle will be waiting for us and will drive us to the Allpahuallo Mishana National Reserve
- For two days, we will explore the reserve looking for birds, some of them newly studied, and different from those of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve such as the ancient anteater, Mishanatyrannulet, Allpahuayo anteater and northern chestnut-tailed anteater, in addition to other species like the graylegged tinamou (Nov-Sea), Rufous potoo, cinnamon-crested spa debill, Pompa dour cotinga and the cinnamon tyrant-manakin, among others
- Dinner and overnight at the IIAP Peruvian Amazon Research Center–Allpahuayo Mishana Reserve Station
ALLPAHUAYO MISHANA NATIONAL RESERVE / IQUITOSTransfer to the airport or hotel city of Iquitos
Birdwatching for experts
7 days /6 nights
2 paxs US$ 2,290
3-4 paxs US$ 2,290
5-10 paxs US$ 1,990
- The rates are per person and are expressed in USD dollars.
- Single supplement US$ 54.00
- Share Service
- Rates valid until 31st December 2022
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Exonerated IGV according D.L. 978
- Trip transfers from the airport or hotel in Iquitos city to the Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge.
- Accommodation in Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge.
- All meals.
- Guided excursions according to the selected package and visit to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Entrance fee to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- The rates of PS programs - 104, 5 days 4 nights include 01 nights camping with máximum capacity of 10 passengers.
- Air Ticket, airport taxes,bottled beverages and other services not specified.
- Fit’s to 1-5 passengers, 100% of the booking, max. 30 days after being confirmed by Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge.
- Groups 6 to more passengers, 50% of the booking, max. 45 days after being confirmed by Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge. The remaining 50% will be paid at least 45 days before the arrival of the group at the lodge. Requests for additional rooms are subject to availability.
- Last minute bookings (less than one week before the arrival to the Lodge) must be paid 24 hours after making the reservation.
- If payments are not received on the dates indicated here, the Lodge is free to dispose of non-prepaid bungalows.
- Children 1-4 years old can share the bungalow with their parents, so do not pay. Children 5 to 11 years old will have a 40% discount rate base don the number of adult passengers. From 12 years old are charged as an adult.
- Groups of 1 to 5 people: the cancellation of reservations be made in writing at least 30 days prior to the arrival of guests (see Special Note in high season) and will only be subject to 15% the administrative charges. If the reservation will be canceled after that date, no refund will be made.
- Groups of 6 or more passengers, the cancellation of reservations be made in writing at least 45 days prior to the arrival of the group (see Special Note in high season) and will only be subject to 15% the administrative charges. If the reservation will be canceled after that date, no refund will be made
- Not responsible for delays, losses, social upheaval, climate and external factors.
- Programs are subject to changes by the Lodge to preserve the security, comfort and safety of our passengers.
- Any changes will be made without penalty to the Company.