Itinerary 4 days / 3 nights
Wednesday – Saturday
High water season (Rainy) From November to May
Low water season (Dry) From June to October
Embark on a unique tour of the Amazon. Four days and three nights to discover the immensity of a land where nature draws amazing landscapes and life takes unpredictable forms. Enter into the deepest jungle and get to know, first hand, all the peculiarities of the Amazon and its surroundings.
The itineraries and programs may vary depending on the weather, the river water level in each season and the migratory cycles of the animals. The visit to the communities will depend on the availability of its inhabitants.
Day 1 Wednesday:
Pacaya Samiria National Reserve / Marañón river / Ucayali river / Pacaya Samiria Natural ReserveThe guides will be expecting your arrival at the airport with a Jungle Experiences sign for your transfer to Nauta to board the cruise M/V La Perla. As you enter into your cabin, which will be full equipped with everything you need, you will feel how this lifetime trip is about to start. The navigation will initiate in the Marañon River to the confluences of the Marañon and Ucayali rivers where the majestic Amazon begins. We suggest to take a time to go to the observation deck and enjoy the amazing panoramic view, the guides will be explaining the story of the Amazon’s origin. After getting familiar with your new environment, you will be invited to the dining room for lunch, where you will experiment our exquisite regional gastronomy, a delicious flavor celebration. Later, our guides will provide a general briefing about the trip itinerary, activities, routes, wildlife and vegetation. Our guides will be attentive to help you with any question you might have. After lunch, you will visit the Samiria Reserve to observe the Charapas turtles. Later at night, an excursion will be offered for searching wildlife in the Amazon. Back to the ship our naturalist guides will share more information and enrich the experiences of the day. You will be able to enjoy the local music followed by an exquisite dinner.
Day 2 Thursday:
Yanayacu de Pucate / Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve / San RegisThis morning, you will explore Yanayacu de Pucate and enjoy a picnic breakfast in the Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve accompanied by nature. Some pink dolphins might enrich the panorama. Also, it’s possible to observe blue and yellow macaws, toucans and different types of monkeys. You will have a canopy walk where we will look for wildlife and enjoy the breathtaking view. After lunch on board a ceremony will be held with shamans in St. Regis will take place, where you will learn about the ancient secrets of the rainforest. Later, you will be part of the tree planting ceremony. Before dinner, a reception with live music will be held by the ship band. In the warm night, you can be part of the boat ride through Nauta Creek within Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve which is known as the mirrored forest, which makes perfect sense as you gaze upon its glistening black water where you can observe lizards, frogs and different kinds of nocturnal animals.
Day 3 Friday:
San José de Zarapanga Shiriyucu / Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve / NautaAfter a delicious breakfast, we head for the black water stream of San José de Zarapanga called Shiriyacu to fish piranhas, using traditional and local techniques, you will be surprised by the many ways there is to fish. We will visit Kukama Prado village to learn about ancient traditions and medicine used by the ancestors; in the Peruvian Amazon are different types of traditional medicine that maybe you have not heard before. Then, you will be part of a cooking demonstration, where you can learn about local techniques and the variety of vegetables and dishes that exists in the Peruvian Amazon. In the afternoon, a boat excursion will be offer before sunset in the Amazon River, where we can hear the sounds of wildlife, colors and symphony. At the same time, we will look for caymans, frogs, tarantulas, snakes and anacondas. After dinner, our naturalist guides will introduce the crew members whom you may not have met, as they have been busy “behind the scenes” to create your seamless Jungle Experience.
Day 4 Saturday:
Nauta / IquitosAfter enjoying your last breakfast on board. We will proceed with the transfer by bus from the city of Nauta to Iquitos. We will have a stop in the Rescue Center Amazon - Manatee (ACOBIA), where you will be able to see and feed this beautiful animal. Then, you will have a brief visit to the city of Iquitos to observe the famous houses of the rubber boom, Fierro’s house, and Belen market.
|Price per person in USD||2020||2021|
|Standard Cabin||USD 1,785||1,875|
|Amazon View Cabin||USD 1,885||1,980|
|Superior Cabin||USD 1,985||2,080|
- Rates are expressed in US Dollars, per person, based on double occupancy.
- Single Supplement is 50% in addition to the adult rate.
- Child policy: 7 years old minimum on all departure. Children aged 11 or under are eligible for a 50% discount from the adult rate. Children must be accompanied for one or two adults in the same cabin, maximum one child per cabin adult rate.
- CHARTER: Pricing for custom-designed charters are quoted according to your specific request and needs
- All meals while on board La Perla.
- All excursions & equipment (including rubber boots & rain ponchos).
- Transfers from / to the airport on the recommended flights. In case the passengers stay in Iquitos city hotels– please inform the sales & reservations department to coordinate the pick up or drop off service ([email protected]).
- Natural juices, coffee, tea and water during the meals.
- Entrance fee to Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve.
- Domestic flights
- Cost of medical emergencies (including evacuation).
- Tipping guidelines. We recommend an amount in the range of US$10 per passenger per night for the crew (to be divided among all the crew members) and between US$5 per passenger per night for the guides. * Please note that these amounts are suggested levels of gratuities and that this is entirely at the discretion of our guests aboard the vessels.
- Any additional transportation services.
- Any additional bar consumptions.
- Reservations made 101 days or more prior to departure: A deposit of US$350 per person is required to confirm the booking on La Perla. Non refundable deposit.
- The final balance is required 100 days prior to the departure day. If payment is not received on time, the reservation(s) will be automatically released.
- Reservations made 100 days or less prior to departure: A full and nonrefundable payment is required to confirm the booking.
- Cancellations made 131 days or more prior to departure: Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 130 to 101 days prior to departure: Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 100 days or less prior to departure: Full payment will be applied as cancellation penalty.
- Our rates allow date change for one year from the date of purchase.
- Our rates allow change of passenger name, this change can be made for one year from the date of purchase.
- Changes of dates will be made according to the availability of the day of the request.
- Amazonrex applies a penalty of US$450 for changes made to the reservation (travel date, passenger names, itineraries or others). This penalty will be applied for each time you request a change in the reservation.