CUSCO AND MACHU PICCHU
Visit Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco city in 3 days
This quick trip to Machu Picchu is designed for travelers who come to Peru for business travel, cruise travel, conferences, visiting friends in Lima, etc. initially you had not planned to visit Machu Picchu but want to take the time and make a quick trip to Machu Picchu. Take a trip to the majestic Inca city and explore the ruins of Machu Picchu with this 3-day tour. You can stopover to Cusco and explore the lost ruins of Machu Picchu, which is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO that speaks of the glorious past of the Incas.
- Witness the spectacular architecture in the region.
- Observe the historical sites in ancient Cusco, which is Incas ancient capital.
- Take a quick trip to Machu Picchu with Peru Travel specialist.
- Explore the ‘Lost City’ and witness the ruins.
- Have a feel of the historical glory of Machu Picchu.
- Explore the regions of Machu Picchu on board a train.
|Type of activities||Cultural|
|Private tour||Means, the tour will run exclusively for you without strangers with private guide, vehicle and driver are for your exclusive use; no matter you are individually, or in a family or friends’ group.|
|Group size||To suit group requirements..|
|Physical rating||Some easy physical activities included in this trip. No physical preparation is required to make the most of the journey.|
|Departure dates||Guaranteed departures any day. Departures are available along the year. We do not have fixed departures.|
|Min age||1+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult..|
Quick Cusco & Machu Picchu in GROUP
Other programs in PRIVATE
Arrival to Cusco and Sacred Valley (Pisac, Ollantaytambo)
- On arrival in Cusco (3,400m/11,154ft), assistance at the airport and transport to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel at 09:00am. We will embark on a journey back in time to the Inca´s Sacred Valley beginning in Pisac (2,900m/9,514ft), 31 km from Cusco. The ancient Incan archeological site and city is located on the top of a mountain. There you will have the chance to witness the impressive stonemasonry skill of our ancient ancestors.
- Afterward you will go down into the quaint little town and wander through its colorful market where you can buy intricate, beautifully hand crafted products.
- Afterward lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
- Then we will continue to Ollantaytambo, a military, religious, and agricultural center of the Incas located at the top of a mountain. Note: unlike other small towns, this one has maintained its original Incan design including outstanding stone buildings and narrow streets. It was once used as a fortress, administrative and urban center.
- Then we will make our way to the Ollantaytambo train station where we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes (2,040m/6,693ft). Upon arrival, reception and transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Expedition train --- Ollantaytambo (19:04pm) - Aguas Calientes (20:45pm)
- Suggested flight schedule --- Lima (06:07am) - Cusco (07:42am)
Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Breakfast at the hotel; around 06:00am you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, the hilltop citadel deserved every bit of its fame.
- Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, the guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom. The guided tour takes around two hours.
- From 10:30am to 12:30pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the citadel on your own.
- From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco.
- Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch. Expedition train --- Aguas Calientes (15:20pm) – Cusco (19:05pm)
- Note about train tickets: We will attempt to book tickets on this train, but if there are timetable changes or trains are fully booked, we may need to book an alternative service.
Colorful Cusco Walking Tour – Flight to Lima
- Breakfast at hotel; pick up from the hotel at 09:00am – walking tour will begin at Colorful San Pedro market, there's probably no better market to experience Cusqueñan life. Enjoy a first-hand look at how local residents live day-to-day outside the postcard perfection of Cusco’s main square. The guide will explain the history of this market as you wander through the narrow aisles laden with colorful fabrics, meals, fruit juice, breads, shaman stalls, etc.
- After we visit Cusco's main square, a busy and vibrant space that marks the colonial center of the city; which features wide stone pathways and well-kept colorful gardens.
- After, we will head to the Temple of the Sun (Qorikancha) upon which the Convent of Santo Domingo has been built. Interesting fact: according to a legend, this temple was entirely gold plated which left many conquerors impressed with its magnificence when they came here! - The tour will end around 13:00pm.
- At 15:00pm pick up from the hotel and transfer to Cusco airport.
- Meals Included: Breakfast
- Suggested flight schedule --- Cusco (17:00pm) – Lima (18:20pm)
|Hotel Category||Single room||Double or Triple room||Single room|
|1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5-6 pax||7-8 pax||9++pax||Extra cost|
|Tourist||$ 1032||$ 758||$ 676||$ 636||$ 616||$ 587||$ 587||$ 80|
|Superior Tourist||$ 1168||$ 829||$ 748||$ 707||$ 688||$ 659||$ 659||$ 142|
- Prices per person in US dollars.
- Extra cost for the odd-numbered person in the group in case he/she requires a single room.
- Prices are based on the group size.
- Accommodation: 2 night(s) in hotel(s) Aguas Calientes and Cusco with breakfast included.
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in itinerary: in Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco.
- Guided: by local quality English speaking guides.
- All transfers: airport, train station or bus station transfers, Hotel pickup and drop-off, all transfers are assisted by English speaking staff.
- Train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (Expedition Class).
- Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available).
- All ground transportation.
- 24-hour support by our local staff.
- International and domestic flights (in case you request them, please ask your travel agent).
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff.
- Guidance in other language (Germany, French, others), in case you request them, please ask your travel agent.
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description.
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
|Aguas Calientes||Hotel Retama Inn Machu Picchu Flower's House||Tierra Viva Machu Picchu Casa Andina Standard Machu Picchu|
|Cusco||Yawar Inka San Agustín Dorado||San Agustín Plaza Xima Cusco|
- For this tour package we use this list of hotels or similar.
- The reservation of accommodation is according to the availability of the hotels.
- You have to choose one of these hotel categories.
- In this type of accommodation are the 2-star and 3-star hotels and some guest houses.
- Appeals to tourists looking for more than basic accommodation.
- The rooms and bed are simple, comfortable and adequate.
- Beds are made and rooms are cleaned daily. Clean towels are supplied.
- Rooms with private bathroom and hot shower.
- Breakfast is included.
- Ideal for travelers on a reduced budget.
- In this type of accommodation are the 3-star and 4-star hotels.
- Standard accommodation. Accommodation is deemed "very good".
- The rooms and bed are comfortable and adequate.
- Beds are made and rooms are cleaned daily. Clean towels are supplied.
- They have spacious reception with seats and other public rooms.
- Some of these hotels have food and drink service; restaurant and bar.
- Buffet breakfast is included.